Blogging is Art!! But for those; who take it heartily!!
Are you a pro blogger or trying your hands at it for the first time? Whether you need to write for B2B, B2C, or for yourself; the rulebook is no different.
From a marketing strategy point of view, investing time and efforts in Content Marketing is one of the most promising things to do.
The best part about blogging is you are not restricted to any particular style, language, genre, or topics to choose from; while writing.
The blogs could be used for amplifying any new product/services that you launch, or you can choose to make major announcements.
There are certain suggestions for blogging enthusiasts that they should abide by and some that they should avoid while writing to develop a desired piece of blog.
Do not forget, while writing a blog; you have to consider the search engine rules as that is going to be the significant source of an audience for you.
Substantial Blogging Statistics
Until you know the movement of the content marketing industry, how can you make a concrete content strategy for your business?
Though everyone is known to the fact that “Content is King,” but it is essential to understand how it could be beneficial for you.
Here is a great example of a prevalent content distribution strategy. This image explains, which content channels are popular with businesses.
Source: Mailmunch, Click here to get further details on this.
List of Do’s While Writing a blog
Practically, nothing can validate your online identity better than a well thought out blogging strategy. Recent statistics reveal that marketers can acquire 126% more qualified leads; if they are consistent with blogging. Here are some writing tips for you to consider when writing your next blog.
1. Write Proper Headlines: A catchy headline can decide whether your audience will continue reading your blog or not. Write a relevant, attractive, and strong headline. Explaining various concepts under subheadings and section heading is also strongly recommended.
2. Add links: This calls for adding an internal and external link on relevant subject/keywords in your blog. The internal linking will drive your website engagement, whereas the external links will boost your domain authority.
3. Use simple language: Writing a blog doesn’t mean you choose tough vocabulary to impress your readers/audience. Try to use simple words so that people can easily understand your idea and can relate to it. The more your audience feel associated with you, the more chances you will get to convert them as your customers.
4. Be focused; Be straight: Choose your topic for blogging and stick to it while writing your blog. Having a wack to cover too many topics or keywords will adversely affect the essence of your writing. Focusing on your topic will help you to get better conversion.
Interested in learning more about Conversion Rate Optimization?? Here is a relevant post for you; click here.
5. Choose & Use Keywords Wisely: The practice of keyword stuffing is dead and buried now. To make your blog post counted as authentic in search engines eye; you too have to behave wisely as far keywords density is concerned. Invest proper time in keywords research and choose appropriate keywords. Use keywords in title and sub-headings.
6. Use Graphics/Videos/Gif’s: Adding media such as graphics, images, Gif’s, and videos are a great way to hold your readers. Usage of proper photos and videos also proves to be an SEO booster for your blog post. Keep a balance in adding all these elements.
7. Proofread Before You Post: To be a successful blogger; you need to develop the habit of Proofreading. Once you are done with the writing part, take a break and come back again to proofread your blog. It will be easier to pick up your mistakes and editing your writing work after giving yourself a break. You may also ask someone to read and check it once before you publish it.
List of Dont’s While Writing A Blog
Knowing what not to do is also essential; the same applies to ‘blogging’ as well. So here we have come up with some serious mistakes that you should avoid writing a blog.
1. Don’t Overdo: Undoubtedly, blogs are meant to provide information, but you should know where to stop. Writing exaggerated or excessive about your topic will bore your audience, and they may leave it in-between. This could increase the bounce rate of your website.
2. Avoid Overstuffing Elements: Design your blog correctly to make it look attractive and exciting to your audience. Mind it not to overstuff any element. Too many images or videos can distract the audience, and they won’t get a clear message from your blog.
You can follow the below-given steps:
- Collect information.
- Decide headings/suib-headings.
- Collect/design relevant images, videos, and other media files.
- Make a proper balance of all elements, i.e., text, images, and media files.
3. Consider Readability: Do not overlook the fact that you are writing for your audience. Keep the sentence short and simple. Writing long paragraphs and lines can make it difficult to understand. A high readability score can add on in your SEO rankings, as well.
4. No Negative Writing: A big NO to criticizing your competitors or other views in your blogs. Blogging allows you to put down your ideas, but why to waste this chance in writing something negative. Moreover, the positive written content is more likely to be shared and referred by your readers.
5. Strict NO to Plagiarize Content
Whether you are a professional blogger or a hobbyist; drop the idea of using copied content from other sites. Posting plagiarized content will affect your website in a big way. In no case, any Search engines will give a green signal to duplicate or copied content.
The above-stated suggestions are tried and tested by many professionals and you should follow them to achieve greater success with your blog.
We hope you enjoyed reading our blog. We wish you success with your content marketing efforts but if you ever need an extra hand, we are just an email away. Write to email@example.com and initiate your personalized discussion with a content marketing expert.