“Millennial is more than a generation. It’s a mindset.”
Millennial Marketing– People born between 1980 to the early 2000s, the Millennials, are an intriguingly different generation. They have a reputation of being strikingly different from the other generations and of course, they run the internet. Millennials are 25% of the total population and continue to grow in buying power. Because of their growing importance millennials are leading marketers to engage with them in completely different ways and pushing the limits of creative modern millennial marketing.
The APE (Authenticity, Personalization, and Essentialization) Of Content For Millennial Marketing
In the words of Bill Gates, “Content is king”. But what are the characteristics that make it the king? What does one look forward to when engaging with content? The most common answers will come out to be – the quality and authenticity of the content. Here are a few things to keep in mind when producing content for the Millennials.
- The more unique content you provide, the wider will be your content reach. Millennials love unique information that they have never heard of. Provide them that and they will not just consume it but spread it like wildfire. They can themselves be your engines of millennial marketing.
- Essentialized content helps go through the main information without the hassle of reading long paragraphs. Millennials are impatient and have the tendency to get bored easily. Keep it simple and informative and they won’t lose interest.
- Personalization is the factor that appeals to everyone. The more millennials can relate to your business, the more they will want to buy from you. 80% of millennials prefer brands that personalize their experience. Personalization is key to successful millennial marketing.
Some Interesting Facts to Understand the Millennial Mindset
84% of millennials don’t trust traditional marketing
40% of them are influenced by their favorite influencers
57% of the Millennials shop online through social media on the spot
More than half of the millennials check their emails every morning
Around 44% of millennials are ready to promote brands on social media in exchange for rewards
Marketers simply cannot ignore such an important demographic. This generation likes to feel a connection with whatever they are consuming. If your product or service appeals to their values they will want to connect. They like transparency and love brands that listen to them. That is why millennial marketing is different and requires special attention.
Here Are A Few Successful Millennial Marketing Strategies
Never underestimate the importance of mobile devices. In fact, 54% of web traffic today is originating from mobile devices. 90% of millennials own smartphones and calling them mobile addicts will not be an exaggeration. On average they check their phones 43 times a day. So for any business to provide a mobile-first experience is of utmost importance. If targeting millennials, marketers will most likely be connecting with their potential clients through mobile devices.
Being mobile-first would mean that you are designing your engagement and digital experience keeping mobile users at the forefront and thinking desktop as a secondary. Mobile-first experience is a must-have best practice for successful millennial marketing.
Social Media is Key in Millennial Marketing
In this digital world, information can spread like fire and social media is usually the medium. Indulge with this generation through social media and you will not go unnoticed.
- Facebook is the highest used social media across the globe with 74% active reach
- As per eMarketer reports, more than half of millennials are active on Instagram
- 7 out of 10 millennials are now using Snapchat
Want to target the millennials? Bring your business to social media. This generation best connects with brands that have social media content to offer. They are heavily influenced by the reviews, ratings, and comments and are most likely to shop through social media.
Build a social media marketing strategy that includes all channels popular with your millennial audience. Pay utmost attention to what your target audience is reacting to and how on these social media channels.
Influencer Marketing Works Like A Charm
In 2018, when Kylie Jenner tweeted that she no longer uses Snapchat, the company saw a 6% ($1.3 billion) drop in its market valuation. That is a strong example of how much our millennials love influencers and the impact they can have on a business. Influencers are the modern age celebrities who dominate our feeds today. Thanks to social media, many genuine new-age influencers are becoming very important and the influencer marketing game is not limited to just celebrities.
- Around 40% of Millennials think that their favorite influencer understands them better than their real-life friends
- 6 out of 10 millennials follow influencer recommendations more than bona fide celebrities
Invest in influencer marketing. Millennials might not check newspapers or news channels in the morning but they sure check their social media feeds every day. Influencers are the gateways to reach millennials everywhere. Work on connecting with these trending influencers and your brand will reach millions. Influencer marketing is a strategy that will not go out of trend for a long time and can work wonders in millennial marketing.
Omni Channel Accessibility And Convenience
Any brand that is convenient to reach via multiple channels has the potential to be a hit among millennials. In fact, saying that millennial marketing thrives on digital connections and conversations won’t be a stretch.
- 60% of millennials have used chatbots and 70% of them describe their experience to be fairly positive
- 63% of millennials are more likely to get in touch with a brand without interfacing with a human
Focus your attention on reaching out to your millennial customers by making available omnichannel engagement experiences. They like connecting to brands through emails, text messages, chatbots, and social media handles. Invest in understanding them and give importance to their reviews and feedbacks. Make them feel you are accessible through their preferred medium of connecting with you and Millennials will flock your brand.
Yes! Understanding the millennial mindset is not rocket science. They just crave a connection while engaging with any business. With these simple tactics, you can excel at targeting millennials. For any further consultation on millennial marketing, our experts are just an email away. Write to us at email@example.com.